google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A list, some congrats, and a nasty howling wind

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A list, some congrats, and a nasty howling wind

As I write this the wind is howling like mad outside my window, battering against the glass as if I were living in a moody Gothic novel set on a Scottish moor. It is easily the most aggressive windstorm I've experienced since moving into this house.

[We were 'supposed' to get up to six inches of snow Sunday, an amount then downgraded to two to four inches, and then to none as the storm never bothered to arrive. It's like the meteorologists are trying desperately to validate my tongue-in-cheek column, but I'll gladly thank the heavens for nixing the white stuff, thank you very much.]

There is beauty in most things on this Earth, and the wind is no exception. I was reading Smiley a book when I glanced up through his skylight. The bare tree branches were an impressive sight as they fought against the wind, a sight that took our attention off the pages for several minutes.

* * * *

Kudos to my father, who told me today that he'd re-enrolled at UW-Milwaukee in hopes of completing his degree. It's contingent on financial aid, but I'm very proud of him.

* * * *

YaYa is compiling a list of all the books she's ever read, mimicking my own efforts. For the sake of keeping the obsession alive, and because it was a school assignment for her, here are all the books we read to LuLu in March (or rather, all the books we could find when I set out to make the list):

Dora: The Windy Day by Quinlan B Lee
Lady Lovely Locks and the PixieTails: The Golden Ball by Harriet Marcelle
Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree by Eileen Christelow
Walt Disney's Cinderella
Clifford's Puppy Day's: A Snowy Christmas by Quinlan B Lee
Dear Barbie: Too Many Puppies by Lisa Trusiani Parker
Disney's Beauty and the Beast - The Teapots Tale by Justine Korman
Disney's Enchanted: Before the Fall by Tennant Redbank
CareBears: What Makes you Happy? By JE Bright
Goodtimes Storybook Classic: Snow White by Carl Baldassarre
Barbie: Freckles by Mona Miller
Clifford's Spring Clean-Up by Norman Bridwell
Disney's The Little Mermad See/Hear/Read Book
Goodbye Geese by Nancy White Carlstrom


One and just in case I don't get around to a Smiley list: we read Rooftop Christmas tonight.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

The wind was howling last night, sounded like a truck. Glad to Hear that your Dad is going to complete his degree, that is great news...

A list of books read, good idea.

Bridgett said...

We've had some pretty nasty winds lately as well. Tonight they're supposed to reach 30 mph. That wouldn't be too bad...if it was warmer.

But yea...it's in the 30's here. Will this winter never end?

Yesterday was in the 70's. Crazy weather.

Very admirable that your dad wants to complete his degree! I wish him well on his endeavors.

As for the book lists...that's pretty impressive! I wish my kids enjoyed books a little more. ::sigh::

XOXO