google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Update

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Update

I'm writing this from the local library. After what may or may not have been an attempt by Smiley to clean it with windex, our computer is now kaput. I can only hope it's up and running soon.

Some bad news yesterday: the close friend of Lisa's best (female) friend died of an accidental overdose at her home in Michigan. Lisa and I had just talked about her that very morning, which increased the freakiness of the news. She'd been shown here on Slapinions near Christmas - the woman who attended the Christmas Bear concert with the kids. My girls remembered her instantly. "Evie's Mom died?" LuLu asked in shock.

Our prayers are with her family.

* * * *

Good news: here's a link to my article yesterday. If you are not Catholic and/or not from Milwaukee it's of little direct interest to you.

* * * *

And an Easter Good Samaratin: on the way to the library I buckled Smiley into the carseat, putting my books and DVD's on top of the van to free up my hands. Guess who then drove away, leaving $70 or more of library materials to fly away? I was so upset, but as I retraced my steps the guy on the corner presented me with all but one of the items. "Lose these?", he said. Moments later I found the last item, slightly damaged, in the middle of the street in front of my house.

* * * *

If I don't get back online before Sunday - happy Easter to everyone!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm sorry to hear of your computer. And my prayers go out to Lisa's friends family of their loss.

There are still good Samaratins out their, and its good that the library materials were found...

I did that twice, once was enough, the first time was with my pocket book, and the second time was with a cup of coffee. I got the pocket book back when I backed tracked my steps, and it was right in the middle of 27th street...The coffee was a lost cause.

Joann said...

Dan, I'm sorry that you're without a computer, I'm LOST without mine!! So sorry about Lisa's friend, very sad... saying prayers of comfort for the family.

alphawoman said...

OMG, driving off with the stuff on top of the car. One of my co-workers some time ago drove off with a lap top on top of the car. He did not miss it for quite awhile. Needless to say, it was a total loss. Sorry to hear about your friend. That is awful.

DB said...

I almost lost a treasured album of records that way. Glad you got them back. DB

Sybil said...

what a wee monkey he is !! hope you can get the computer back into life !!
I can remember the photographs of you all at the breakfast. Please give an extra hug to Lisa from me.
You sure were lucky to get all your books etc back...what a clown you must have felt..I remember doing that with my purse once,,,never did get it back..
Love sybil xx e.address.
sybilsybil45@aol.com

Bridgett said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family friend. That's so incredibly sad. :(

Hope your computer is up and running again soon and thank goodness for Good Samaritans!

Happy Easter!

XOXO