google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: American Idol - May 5th, 2009

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

American Idol - May 5th, 2009

Slash rocks, and he's the genuine article, but what exactly did he do for those guys tonight? Not much, if you trust the clips of him in action.

* * * * *

Four solo performances, two duets. Let's get to it.

1. Adam - Nearly by default it was the best of the night, but I'm sorry I just can't share the voluminous love. I watched it twice, once listening to without watching the screen. It was good, but was it Evian in the desert? Not quite. Even so, the best of the night.

2. Allison - You would think she would have slam-dunked this week, but I found it pedestrian. It was a 'safe' version that barely showed her vocal skill.

3. Kris - well . . . not awful, but as he finished I turned to Lisa and said "He's gone."

4. Danny - This was soooo not his cup of tea, but oh well. I thought his vocals were choppy and the famous high note at the end was all over the place. If it wasn't for Kris' performance I'd be sweating the result show.

Duets: What's the point, except to fill time? Adam/Allison had the better duet, although I liked Renegade (one of Lisa's all-time favorite songs. I once bought her a 45 record of it back in the day).


* * * *

The results? Adam's safe. The bottom three is further reduced by Danny, who largely coasts this week on an established reputation and fan base. I have to think that America agrees with me and that Kris will go home.

Anyway, who cares? Paula Abdul performs live tomorrow! Whoo-hoo!*



* Lisa saw her 'live' once, and after the lip-synced concert, Abdul tried to do a live song for an encore and failed. She apologized to the audience and no one seemed upset. That was pre-Milli Vanilli if I have my chronology right.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I would much rather see the Joplin wannabe go home over Kris...but I suspect you might be right.

Danny's last note gave me a headache.

And Adam...well, he was typical Adam.

I wish I could get more excited about AI these days...but for the last 3 or 4 years, I just watch it to be watching it and not so much for the enjoyment aspect.
My husband has completely stopped watching.

I once had tickets to see Milli Vanilli in concert...and it was cancelled! LOL

XOXO