google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Lisa's NKOTB Trip

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lisa's NKOTB Trip

In a few hours Lisa will be leaving to join her friends Jolenne and Jenny on a road trip to Kansas. The purpose of the 12 hour ride? They have tickets to a New Kids on the Block concert near Witchita.

Not just any tickets. These are what are (officially) called Five Star tickets that include 7th row (or better) seats and most importantly, a personal meet and greet with the group backstage before the show.

[The funds came from my time at Job Prior, back when I *thought* money was tight.]

It is, quite literally, a lifelong dream come true for her. I'm very happy she's going. When she mentioned feeling guilty over the money I told her to knock it off, just as she did when we sucked it up to send me to Bush's second inauguration. Forty years from now we won't remember what bill was due this month, or what the balance is on our auto loan. But just as I'll remember my trip to D.C., she'll carry the memories of this forever.

The hardest part of packing has been deciding what item to have them all sign. We have an extensive collection of NKOTB merchandise, truthfully more than we thought. We have all the CD's, LP's, cassettes, sheets, dolls, clothing, boxes of sorted and filed magazines, exclusive imports, press releases, lunch boxes, slippers, a sleeping bag, towels, folders, buttons, the infamous marbles, trading cards, books - you name it.

She's going to take an assortment with her and decide in Kansas. We also gifted my sister a Donnie photo to have signed.

The only bad part of all this is that she'll miss most or all of July 4th with the family. It's her favorite holiday of the year. The parades and whatnot will fall on my shoulders this year.

I can't tell if she's super excited or super nervous. Probably a lot of both.

"God, I hope they aren't having a bad day," she told me. "It would suck if they were as*holes."

Yeah, I bet it would. But somehow I'm doubting she'll even notice if they were :)

6 comments:

mauecker said...

She will have a blast. I wonder if they will sign anything - when I had a Meet and Greet with Toby Keith (I remember it vividly - especially how good he smelled!) it was a hug, a picture and you're out of there. Hopefully the NKOTB will spend more time with such a hot, adorable, bodacious babe as your wife!!

Beth said...

I think she should take the big ol' sleeping bag and have them sign it. Haha!

Slapinions said...

From Facebook:

Jeanne Scorsone at 7:20am July 2
Great that she has a chance to go. It will be a dream come true. You are a good guy.


mauecker at 8:25am July 2: I'm hoping they stop and eat some good Kansas BBQ ribs!! Too bad we aren't around this weekend or I'd take a child off your hands.

gryphondear said...

I wish I had read this before Lisa left. Maybe we could have arranged for some face time here in Wichita. I surely hope they have a great time.

If you think she/they might like to meet me this weekend (when she/they are not od-ing on NKOTB madness) e-mail me some contact info at yogryphon@gmail.com.

Jan the Gryphon

Slapinions said...

Jan - the concert is offically in someplace called Valley Center, Kansas, at the Hartman Arena. Is that anywhere near you? I think they'll be pulling into their hotel sometime between 7 and 8 tonight, but I don't know their plans, other than that the concert is the evening of the 3rd.

Bridgett said...

Ahhh...good for her!
If anybody will appreciate this, Lisa will.
I can't wait to hear about it all.

I'd love to meet the boys too...especially Joey. :D

XOXO