google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Smiley's Insect Picnic

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Smiley's Insect Picnic

Those of you who know us and are on Facebook have probably already seen these pics, but what the hay. My mother-in-law took Smiley to an MPS Recreation Department class called "The Insect Picnic", just as she took LuLu and YaYa in prior years. Here's what she had to say on Facebook:

Had a busy day, and boy I'm tired. Worked at "Share" with two grandaughters then on to the Insect Picnic from Milwaukee Rec. with my Grandson. I did some walking in the woods at Hawthorn Glen, we then ate worms in a bun, aunts on a log, beetle juice, salad, and worms in dirt.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks Jeanne. He had a great time, and I'm sure Ginger's already looking forward to her turn :)

5 comments:

Joann said...

Ewwwww!!! I would have cried the WHOLE time!!! Glad they didn't though... very educational I suppose... (and CREEPY!!) LOL!!

Jeanne said...

It was loads of fun....I did make comments on each picture, but gee.."I forgot to save them" LOL. That park is so nice, and so is that little 2 hour picnic. I'm glad he enjoyed the day.

Sybil said...

what a great way to introduce kids to the wild life that so many parents them selves are afraid of !! Good on Granny... He looks so interested in everything.
much Love Sybil xx

Bridgett said...

How fun is that! Autumn would hate it though...actually Parker probably would too.

My kids are a bit...how shall I put this...INTIMIDATED by bugs.

Bugs of any kind. Even flies.

[Geesh.]

They DEFINITELY get that trait from their dad.

Looks like Smiley had a great time! :)

yaya said...

i went to the insect picnic to you know!-yaya