google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Who's Playing Summerfest July 2nd

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Who's Playing Summerfest July 2nd

I don't know if I'd brave Thursday's weather - a high of 68/low of 54, but much cooler by the lake - just to see No Doubt. Then again I like their music, I'm a fan of Gwen Stefani's solo work, and since she had kids certain areas of her anatomy have filled out quite nicely. There would be worse ways to pass an evening.

Judas Priest is at Summerfest too, but yawn. Pass. I could never get into their music. The closest I ever got to liking their sound was what I heard of the Priest knock-off band in the movie Rock Star.

sidenote: The best part of that film remains, of course, Mark Wahlberg peforming "Good Vibrations" during the closing credits. Yes, even better than the much hyped lesbian kiss by Jennifer Aniston, which should tell you just how ho-hum that scene turned out to be.

Again, I'll pass on Priest.

I do however dig Whitesnake just a wee bit, and I like David Coverdale. I will say that the Jimmy Page/David Coverdale collaboration from the '90's (cleverly named Coverdale/Page) really doesn't hold up over time. I remember sending in my little postcard and buying it from my BMG account; it was the Hard Rock/Metal Selection of the Month, if memory serves. For a minute there I thought it was the bomb and the second coming of Zep. What can I say? Oopsie.

BTW - I've learned a new word. Apparently "hype" means "crack addict", and is used as a noun to replace the former in conversation. Whodathunkit.


2 comments:

Bridgett said...

No Doubt is my all-time favorite band. I would LOVE to see them in concert. Wish I could be there.

And I grew up listening to Whitesnake. But damn, I didn't even know they were still performing.

Judas Priest? Eh. Could care less.

BTW, I actually saw Marky Mark in concert. And yes, he dropped his drawers at the end to flaunt his carved body in CK's. ;)

What can I say but, "Yum."

XOXO

Slapinions said...

Bridgett -

Lisa saw Marky Mark at the Riverside here in Milwaukee, and to this day says its some of the most fun she's had at a conert.