google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Quote of the Day

Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Quote of the Day

It's been a fun weekend. You wouldn't think so. I worked both days, I cut the grass, and Lisa and I tackled cleaning the fridge. But I repeat: it was still enjoyable. A large part of that was going AWOL from the computer. I scanned Facebook once in a blue moon, but never for more than a few minutes, and I didn't check my email at all.

Ahhhh. Peace.

It won't last. At Lisa's request, I'm going to briefly return to politics in the next few days and spell out my objections to nationalized health care. That should be fun, dontcha think?

Anyhow, I took the kids to church this weekend, the first Mass that was celebrated by a new priest at the congregation where I was married. During the Mass Smiley fidgeted, asked me questions at full volume, and did his best to drive me batty. Then, the kicker.

During the homily he looked over at me with mischief in his eyes, smiled his Danny/Devil smile, and tossed a missalette into the pew in front of us. I was on him in a nanosecond, and in response he explained himself using an 'outside voice' that could have been heard on the moon.

"JESUS BORING!"

Ugh. Sometimes kids are . . . well, sometimes they're just as frustrating as dealing with grown-ups.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Hahaha! Thanks for weighing in on the sermon, Smiley, right?

Ken Riches said...

Oh, Oh, Slapinions is going to weigh in, Bloggers beware :o)

Bridgett said...

Oh my goodness...I'm cracking up over here! LOL

Definitely the quote of the day! :D

XOXO

Jeanne said...

So how many colors did you change with that quote. LOL