google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Susan Boyle and Body Deodorant

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Susan Boyle and Body Deodorant

Oh Dear God. I was mistakenly directed to the Huffington Post. where I had the joy of reading about lesbian vampire sex. Ugh. Why do liberals feel compelled to to spoil everything by adding vampires to the mix?

Anywho, I am embroiled in a teeny-tiny Facebook dispute. I was the first commenter on a Redbox post. (As I have some measure of class, I did not write "First!!!!").

The post for the national DVD rental company linked to a People.com poll asking readers whether or not Robin Williams, in drag as his Mrs. Doubtfire persona, should be hired to play Susan Boyle in a movie bio-pic.




My opinion? The poll is insulting and inappropriate for a nationwide, publicly traded company. It'd be one thing if they were The Onion or National Lampoon, but they're not. Satire and comic insults aren't their business, and they come off looking like a childish ass. As for People.com, well, I reckon they've been a lost cause for years.

I posted my opinion and was greeted with labels like "sensitive" (snort), thin-skinned, etc. Whatever. Anyone who knows me I have a potty mouth and a brain as filthy as a stadium men's room. But there is a time and place for everything, and the time for joking about a woman's appearance, well, it sure ain't in print on a corporate post.

Idiots.

* * * *

I had meant to post the following, but I'll give credit where it's due: Bucko beat me to the punch. With that said, may I introduce you (again) to Aspray, the all-over body deodorant.



I'm not even buying this as 100% legitimate yet, as I smell a rat (no pun intended). But some sites are calling the commerical the "most offensive" they've ever seen. Really?

More than the women's razor commercial advertising a trim bush (literally)? More than the myriad commercials for herpes medicine, tampons, irregular bowel yogurt, foot fungus cream, and just about anything involving a political candidate? Really????

Hey look. If this is real, I'm all for it. In theory it's no different than feminine deodorant spray, right? Heck, I've always wondered why we only put deodorant on our pits, when there's a few other choice spots that need attention. On the male spectrum I'm on the low-stench side, at least according to my lady, but I could still use some help at times.

No shame in my game, honey.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I agree with you on both points, I think it is Rude and insulting to made fun of someones looks. And, I think that the commercial isn't offensive. When I was a young girl I hated to see commercial for pads, or tampons. My brothers were there. So this one if true not only be a God sent, but no different than a tampon commercial. It just that this is showing a man and not a woman...Not too many commercials are pointed at men..

Bridgett said...

Totally agree about the Susan Boyle/Robin Williams debacle. Making fun of a person's appearance is never cool.

As for the body deoderant, my concern would be what's actually in it. Our skin is an organ and every we put on it, from deoderant to lotion is absorbed into our body.

So I'm always a little leary of things like this.

XOXO

Bernadette said...

LMAO! Is that commercial for real?! I always laugh at my nephew for spraying his Axe around his whole body for like 30 seconds. Whatever happened to showering daily?! ;)
..and the lady razor commercials made me double take, did they really just trim that bush?! OMG..really?!

BTW..you should check out the chic chat contest!

http://thechicchatgirls.blogspot.com/2009/09/chic-chats-fall-giveaway-contest.html