google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A trip to the pet store

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A trip to the pet store

I've already forgotten why I took YaYa and Ginger to the pet store, but I think it was just to waste some time and look at the animals.

Photobucket

While we were there we spent a lot of time in the bird room, where both Ginger and I stood fascinated by all the noise and color. YaYa, not so much. I sent Lisa this pic.

Photobucket

She wrote back. "NO BIRDS!"

"Xmas?" I texted.

"NO BIRDS"

"Xmas??"

"NO BIRDS. EVER."

"Ever is a long time," I wrote. We'll see.

We checked out the kittens

Photobucket

then ventured into the small mammal room, the one that holds bunnies, ferrets . . . and mice and rats. I know most people think it's a joke when I say I despise rodents. How can I be cool with spiders, insects (which spiders are not), reptiles, birds, etc, but hate a little mouse? Mister, it's a feeling so strong it's at the DNA level. After a few minutes in the room I was starting to feel ill, and no amount of saying "they're in cages" could stop it.

"We have to go," I said.

"Why?" said Yaya, her eyes twinking.

"We have to go. Now."

"But Dad, I want a pet rat. Look how cute his thick little tail is . . "

"Enough!" I said, and left the room. YaYa followed, laughing. Evil kid.

Anyhow, after I recovered it was on to the reptile room, where we 'saved' a turtle that had fallen on its back, then moved on to the fish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ugh, just writing about the rats a minute ago gave me the heebie-jeebies. Ugh. Eyes of the Devil, they are, Eyes of the Devil.

I did kind of get back at YaYa. Later I made her trim such ginormous weeds that had sprouted behind the trampoline.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Guess we will not be seeing a "BEN" review anytime soon :o)

Beth said...

Have you ever read Stephen King's short story "Graveyard Shift"?

Are we helping? >:]

jeanne said...

Way to go YaYa...

LOL and still smiling.

Bridgett said...

Hey, what's wrong with bunny rabbits? Or ferrets? Or rats, for that matter?

I've had bunnies, a ferret, and I desperately wanted a pet rat when I was still single and working at the hospital.

And we have a hamster right now. ;)

Wanna come visit? I'll be sure to let you play with Copper.

Muahahahaaha.

XOOX