google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Grandparents Day 2009

Search This Blog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Grandparents Day 2009

Today was Grandparents Day at school. I'm not sure why this was such a big thrill to LuLu and YaYa, as they see our parents all the time, but this morning you'd have thought it was '64 and the Beatles were coming to pay a call. Seriously.

[I just yelled to Lu in the other room: "How was Grandparents Day?" Her answer "Awesome!!"]

Anyhow, my Dad attended, as did my mother-in-law and my wife's stepfather. (My Mom did not attend due to mobility issues.) There was a Mass, followed by classroom visits that included demonstrations and activities, and snacks.

YaYa demanded that she accompany both Grandpa's, because "they always have to go to the bathroom, and then I get to walk them there." In the end she traded off with Lu, who spent much of the time with her Grandma.







Thanks to everyone who showed up to display their love for my girls! (all photos courtesy of my Mother-in-law; because of this, she doesn't appear in any of them!)






LuLu: "This is my graph for everyone. I'm pointing to me and I am the one in the blue dress and not the one in the purple. And I'm the third one, the third. It was very fun, we did it in social studies in my room with the other class too, cause there were a lot of people cuz we only have 11 people in our class. I like trains but I never been on one so I'd really like to, cuz I like them, cuz I've only been on a fake one with Grandma Jeannie. It was a real train, but now its a fake one for people to ride around in a circle, and I did it with Bella my friend. "





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken on FB: Glad you had such a great turnout :o)

Bridgett said...

Awww...how sweet is this?

It's great that the girls had so many grandparents there for them.

XOXO

Sybil said...

what a great idea to have Grandparents invited to school etc. Don't think we have anything like that here, although I think I saw Granparents day cards in a shop..The girls look so happy to be showing off their paintings etc. even if a child didn;t have a Grandparent I am sure many older folks would love to be "used" as a Grandparent.
Love to ALL
Please tell my little friend that I have not had a letter from her for a while XX