google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Monday Roundup

Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Roundup


It was great to see the Packers open their season with a win, especially against the Bears. It wasn't a very entertaining game, unless you enjoy the pigskin version of a pitcher's duel, but a W's a W. I thought the Packers defense looked great and exhibited tons of controlled, measured aggression. Plus I again had the chance to see Lovie Smith lose multiple challenges, which he seems to do each and every time I have to suffer through a Bears game. That's always fun.

Good to see Aaron Rodgers notch a last minute comeback too, which should shut up the brainwashed Favre lovers for a minute or two.

* * * *

Kanye West at the VMA's, interrupting Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech? Assholish. The guy makes great music, but it's about time he shut up and became a reclusive - and QUIET - artist.

* * * * *

Speaking of inappropriate outbursts, a co-worker of mine asked my opinion on Joe Wilson's "You Lie!" comment to the President. She isn't a conservative; well, that goes without saying as I'm the only one there who doesn't drink the Kool-Aid ;)

In fact this is a transgender co-worker, and as you can imagine we've had a fun time debating politics before.

"I think it was a stupid time to say it, and the wrong place to say it. I think he deserves some form of censure for his outburst, but in the end all he did was call a guy a liar. There are people on the web acting like he raped their Grandma and killed a baby. Get over yourselves. You know Wilson and the guy he beat have both raised over a million dollars since the speech? F that. I don't live in South Carolina, neither do most of the people getting all up in it. Let the people down there decide what they want to do with him. If they don't like him, they'll vote him out."

Here's what suprised me.

"Yeah," she said. "I agree with you. I mean, I so don't agree with the content of what he said, or where he said it, but you kinda have to admire the guy. It took guts to stand up there and say that. At least the Republicans know what they want and aren't afraid to say it. I wish there were more Democrats that had the balls to fight for what they want."

"We AGREE???," I said. Wow. Hell done froze over. :)

* * * *

Congrats to Antonio for winning HGTV's Design Star 4. I knew he was going to take the crown , but I'll let you in on a little secret: I think Dan out-designed him in the final challenge.




* * * *

Finally, I watched Doctor Who: The Next Doctor last night after the game. Great episode, really well done, and quite touching in parts.You know what? Jackson Lake would have made an entertaining and unique 11th Doctor.

4 comments:

mauecker said...

Don't you EVER sleep?? I dozed through most of the Packer game then hauled it off to bed. I can't believe you watched more after the game! See what happens when you get old like me........

Anonymous said...

From FB: Mick Lex- likes this post

Ken Riches said...

Glad your team was successful, sort of :o(

Bridgett said...

Doug's Seahawks won.

We got free NFL Sunday Ticket by signing up for DirecTV. Doug's in hog heaven.

I'm keeping an eye on Miami because there are two WV college players on the team...Pennington and Pat White. Yay!

They may be my new favorite team.