google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: More TV

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More TV

At the moment I'm quite depressed, and rather bitter with the course of my rotten life. So let's take the focus off the real world and discuss the magic box in the living room again, shall we?

I did forget a few shows when I did my last write-up. My DVR scooped up the The Office unexpectedly, as I thought I'd cancelled that slot. It was funny, but not as strong as the premiere. For the record, I thought the co-manager gig was ridiculous. Forget the 'value' of Jim. Michael has somehow (voodoo?) managed to run one of the most productive branches in the company, and they're going to F with that? And in a recession, with the business downsizing? Nuh-uh.

Lame.




For a few weeks I was hooked on SyFy's Eureka, which follows an everyday sheriff in a town full of government super-geniuses. Cute show, cute premise, but I soon tired of the formula.

Basically, the genius of the week will invent something magical that winds up posing a threat to the town. The crisis will be diverted not by luck or science, but by a seemingly random observation by the sheriff, something that could only be spotted by an Average Joe.

I'll still watch, but I don't count myself as a big fan.



* * *

On frequent rotation in my house: Doctor Who (aka the greatest sci-fi show ever).

* * *

Here's an odd glitch in my makeup. I can watch a game between two teams I've never seen before, sometimes playing a SPORT I've never seen before, and in minutes develop a vocal and partisan loyalty to one team.

Case in point: the championship game for Australian Rules Football, a mix of rugby and soccer I'd never knew existed. Last week I found myself watching it in the middle of the night when I was saddled with a toothache. Ten minutes in the rules of the game began to saturate my brain, and by the end of the match I was screaming when Geelong scored the go-ahead goal to finish off St Kilda.

Well played boys!




4 comments:

DB said...

Sometimes I'm glad I don't own a TV. I would have been pounding my fist in rage over St Kilda's loss.

DB

Slapinions said...

DB - ROFLMAO!

Bridgett said...

Everybody says The Office is hilarious...but I've never watched.

I do like Steve Carrell though. Or however you spell his name.

Mufflers said...

Well, I always thought Aussie rules football was anasthetic.

;^D Jan

wv: holophil - that polyester stuff in your "down" jacket. Alternatively, a good reload when there are "zombies" on the loose.