google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Nanny

Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Nanny


I'd just like to take this opportunity to recognize what may be the least-acknowledged, laugh-out-loud sitcom of the last twenty years: The Nanny.

I honestly don't feel the need to explore the reasons behind my affection for this sitcom, but let's try the shorthand version.

* a strong ensemble cast with great chemistry and a penchant for physical comedy
* a series of dependable running gags that never failed to produce a laugh
* well written (if fantastical) scripts
* and , uh, yeah - Ms. Drescher.




Yum. Yum. Yum.

Anywho, one other thing I loved about the show: the theme song succicently set up the premise for the show, ala The Brady Bunch and Giligan's Island.




Catch The Nanny on Nick at Nite. Check your local listings for times.

3 comments:

Rose said...

I love watching re-runs of the Nanny!

Hugs,Rose

Anonymous said...

On FB: Lisa and Ashley M 'like' this

Bridgett said...

It is a really cute show. I haven't seen it in years, but I watched it quite a bit when it was still on the networks.

XOXO