google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Whoo-hoo! Creed Tickets!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Whoo-hoo! Creed Tickets!


I've been a fan of Creed for years, and had the opportunity to see them in person in '01 or '02 (a Christmas present from Lisa). I was bummed when I heard they broke up, happy when I heard they reunited, and sad when I realized I wouldn't be able to afford to attend their concert here tomorrow.

Still, I had a gut feeling that fate was about to bestow some luck on me, once I realized I had off for the night of the concert. Why have it on a Tuesday night, if not to allow the universe to bless me with tickets?

Tonight my wonderful co-worker Ashley M stepped forward to save the day! She won tickets for the show but wasn't interested in going. Remembering that I was a fan, she gifted me the floor tickets, which sold for $85 each, for a mere $5 apiece!



Tentatively, it looks like I'll be taking my nephew to the show. Hoobastank is opening, and I couldn't care less, but seeing as it'll be his first concert I'll probably suffer through it. :)

[And never fear, you know I'll blog about it]

One thing that sucks, and seems downright stupid, is that their album doesn't drop until October 27th. I'm annoyed that I won't know all the songs before I go, since half the fun is singing along.

There is one song that's been released: Overcome.



Don’t cry victim to me
everything we are and used to be
is buried and gone
now it’s my turn to speak
it’s my turn to expose and release what’s been killing me.
i’ll be dammed fighting you it´s impossible impossible!
say goodbye with no sympathy!

I’m entitled to overcome
completely stunned i´m numb (?)
knock me down throw me to the floor!
there’s no pain i can’t feel no more.
I’m entitled to overcome
overcome!

finally see what’s beneath
everything i am and hope to be
cannot be lost.
I’ll be dammed fighting you
you´re impossible impossible!
say goodbye with no sympathy!

I’m entitled to overcome
completely stunned i´m numb (?)
knock me down throw me to the floor
there’s no pain i can’t feel no more
I’m entitled to overcome
overcome!

overcome!

You’ll never know what I was thinking before you came ‘round
take a step take a breath put your guard down
I cannot worry anymore of what you think of me
I may be crazy but I’m buried in your memory

I’m entitled to overcome
completely stunned i´m numb
knock me down throw me to the floor
there’s no pain i can’t feel no more
I’m entitled to overcome
overcome!
(repeat)

I may be crazy but I’m buried in your memory

7 comments:

Joann said...

They still sound great!!! WOW!!! You are LUCKY!! What FAITH!!! And what a great friend/co-worker!!! Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

From Kelly on FB:

"i like em too, but i try not to admit it in public. saw them at summerfest in...'99, i think."

Beth said...

Wow, score! Not so much into Creed, but Hoobastank is actually pretty good. You might enjoy them more than you think. Have fun!

Ken Riches said...

Always a fan of Creed, glad they are back together and that you scored tickets :o)

jeanne said...

Sorry don't know anything about Creed, or Hoobastank. But what a friend/co-worker. Have a great time, you deserve it.. :)

Bridgett said...

I like Creed's music...but I've heard that lead singer is a real dick.

Have you heard similar stories?

I actually love Hoobastank. Their song, The Reason, is one of mine and Doug's songs. :)

Can't wait to hear all about it.

And wow...what a great co-worker you have!

)O(
boo

Slapinions said...

Everyone - thank for your comments

Bridgett - Scott Stapp was a drunk who came close to completely destroying himself, and the band broke up to avoid going down with him. In '03 he allegedly put a gun to his head with the hazy notion that his death would increase record sales and therefore earn him the bands forgiveness. He's since cleaned up his act. I never thought he was a 'bad' guy, or a dick, but yeah, that opinion was out there.

Most people hate on Creed, IMO, because a) they were/are sucessful, which is a no-no for 'true' artists b) they have a strong Christian theme, or appearnce thereof, in many songs and c) they actually have songs that are catchy, a no-no in the world of rock/grunge/metal. Ironic, since the grungiest of grunge, Kurt Cobain, never failed to write a song that didn't include a hell of a hook.