google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Family Update

Search This Blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

Family Update

Howdy. My self imposed 'intermission' continues as I try to get my world clicking again, but here's an update.

* * * *

On the 12th LuLu woke up at 6 a.m. with shortness of breath and pain in her chest. I don't know how I heard her ragged cries of "Daddy, Daddy" from our room, but I give Ginger all the credit. The two share a room and once Lu woke her up, Ginger mimicked Lu's cries at an impressive volume. In the end my girl spent three hours in the E.R., getting breathing treatments and steroids to finish off her asthma attack. She spent the day home from school, but went back the next day as if nothing ever happened. Oh, btw, she also lost a front (baby) tooth yesterday (Thursday).

* * * *

Dorky quote of the day: YaYa called me into her room at bedtime and asked me to read a page from an old edition of an Encyclopedia Brown book. "Look at this. Just look at this!" I read the passage:

"Do you think it was him?" she said?

"There's no need for the second question mark Dad! It's bad editing!"


* ** *

YaYa has developed a big crush on the stepson of one of Lisa's friends. The boy is good looking and quite sweet, and its all quite innocent, but I was worried there were going to be fireworks between YaYa and LuLu. For a minute there her younger sister seemed to worm her way into the mix, quite unconsciously I think. She has a natural and easygoing way with people (especially boys), and even YaYa admits she'll ride her LuLu's coattails at times.

* * * *

Smiley's just a good boy. Plain and simple, a good and kind boy that warms your heart. He talks constantly, and only 5% of it is understandable, but there's no mistaking the love he exudes.

* * *

Ginger . . .well, she's Ginger. Twice this week she's woken up at night and smeared her poop on the walls, once so bad we actually had to scrub the paint off to remove the revolting mess. Ugh.

* ** *

Meanwhile, I am plagued by a bad tooth that needs to be pulled. If you've been with me awhile you know I'm as familiar with dental pain as Michelle Duggar is with childbirth, but this one's kicking my ass. It's not bad during the day, but the minute my head hits the pillow it's on. I get a half hour sleep here, an hour there, and then wake up in agony. It's starting to affect my day. I went to work Thursday a mixed up jumble of pain and exhaustion. At least I looked good, as always.

And yes, I have a dentist appointment scheduled, but the wait is (as always) long. But by 8:30 next Wednesday morning I should have this bugger out.

3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Glad you have an appointment for the extraction. Hang in there :o)

Bridgett said...

Okay, I think I must've been lucky. Neither of my kids were poop smearers. But I know a lot of kids who are.

But icky, icky, poo, poo. Literally.

Glad all is well with the asthma attack. How scary.

I had a bad tooth a few weeks ago too. Right now I have a medicated filling in there. Come November 7th, it will be permently filled with non-mercury containing material. And thank goodness, a root canal shouldn't be necessary.

Good luck!

gryphondear said...

Sorry to hear that Lulu's asthma was kicking up, but glad it's under control again.

As for the tooth...
She has a long way to go to beat http://gryph-wotd.blogspot.com/2009/10/toothless.html my grand-daughter's spread. She'll be 5 on Christmas Eve. Her mother called, horrified to see if anyone else in the family had lost so many all at once.

Of course, maybe she thought I would offer to lend the Tooth Fairy some moolah.