google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Happy Halloween!

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Good spooking and safe trick or treating to all!

Many posts about this holiday will follow in the weeks to come, but for now I thought I'd write about the snack Lisa made for each of the kids classrooms (and the Daisy Scouts meeting too!). Just in case you need a last minute treat, this is simple, quick, and relatively cheap (~$13 for fifty or so handmade ghosts)

Just take some Nutter-Butters cookies, dip them in white chocolate, and add mini-chocolate chips for eyes. Oila! Cookie Ghosts.



On the first go-round the store was out of Nutter-Butters, so we substituted a different cookie (seen in these pictures). I'd say it didn't hold the chocolate half as well as the NB, nor look (or taste!) as appealing, but you get the drift. Either way, the kids loved them.



Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Sybil said...

what a brilliant idea to do the biscuits that way...One I will put in my memory box !! If I can remember as far rorward as next year !! Would be ideal for any trick or treaters who might come our way. Though in truth we never do get them as where I live we have no street lighting and the kids would be a bit afraid...they might just well meet a real ghost!!!
hope kids have a good safe time
Love sybil xx

Bridgett said...

I really wish I could make stuff like this for my kids. I've been drooling at all the fun recipes I've seen on blogger in October.

But with Parker being gluten and casein free and Autumn being casein free...it's nearly impossible to make these things for my kiddos.

They do look yummy though! And fun too!