google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Lisa's Birthday, and another column in the Journal-Sentinel

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lisa's Birthday, and another column in the Journal-Sentinel

Lisa's birthday was low key but went well. She went with Smiley on his class trip to the pumpkin farm, and then we just chilled out at home. No one offered to take the kids off our hands, killing our plans for a dinner out, so I popped a roast and potatoes in the oven. It *should* have been ready by six, but finally finished around nine. Oopsies, Chef. Because of this, the kids wound up eating frozen corn dogs and chocolate cake. In the end, not so bad an outcome, because it left the roast to be enjoyed by grown-ups later in the night.

Happy Birthday Lis!

* * *

Seven and a half hours until the dentist pulls this piece o' pain out of my jaw. Hot dog!

* * * *

A column of mine appears in the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel today. The editor wrote me the following after she read my submission:

Dan, what a wonderful column! I read it start to finish in seconds because I kept wanting to read the next line and find out where you were going. It just brought a little light to my day.


As you can imagine, I was very touched by her words. Go on, buy a copy dangnabbit!

2 comments:

Astaryth said...

w00t! You are getting to be quite the regular with the columns, when can I expect you to get a byline ;)

Happy Birthday to Lisa. Glad you all had a nice night, even if you didn't get to go out.

Bridgett said...

Wow..that's awesome about your column! Good job.

Glad Lisa's birthday went well...even if it didn't go as planned.

So I'm assuming your tooth is out now? Hope you're feeling better!