google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Pumpkin Carving

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Well, since they're rotting on my porch as we speak, I reckon it's about time to post pictures of our pumpkin carving, circa 2009. Note our lovely, original-to-the-house 1892 farm sink in the first photo.









The best part of this business are the seeds of course, and Lisa has perfected the preparation process. Something about salting the water before boiling, I think . . .









Smiley's pumpkin . . .





Here's YaYa's Club Penguin entry . . .





And LuLu's moon and stars . . .

2 comments:

Sybil said...

What great Pumpkins. As I said on my blog I have never ever scooped out a pumpkin...as I grew up I had never even heard of a pumpkin !!..we had to do turnips..and they are extreemly hard to hollow out as you can imagine and the smell when you burn the candle....!!I can still smell it now after all these years..I think probabably in Scotland now they use the pumpkins they do down here in England. Your ones are real special though
Love Sybil x

Bridgett said...

Awww...LOVE your pumpkins. Love that it's a family affair even more.