google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Cemetery Dance

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cemetery Dance



Cemetery Dance is the first book I've read by the popular team of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child, and it didn't disappoint.

A reporter for the New York Times is murdered in his own home by someone easily recognized by witnesses. The only trouble? The murderer died and was autopsied weeks ago.

Cue the arrival of FBI Special Agent Pendergast and Lieutenant Vincent D'Agosta, both of whom counted the reporter as a friend. It's soon discovered that a cult inhabiting the very far north of Manhattan is rumored to have created and unleashed zombies throughout its centuries of existence. As more victims appear, all apparently killed by people believed dead, the likelihood of a supernatural solution seems certain - or is it?

I liked the book quite a bit, and was impressed with the easy style and quirky storyline. I'm not as impressed with the Scooby-Doo like ending, and I found the frequent references to past events in the series a bit daunting for a first time reader, but those are small issues.

It won't be the last book I'll read by this duo.

3.1 out of 4

3 comments:

Estela said...

Sounds like an interesting read. I'll have to check it out. Thanks. . . And Merry Christmas!

Ken Riches said...

We have read quite a few of their joint offerings, I got two Preston only novels for Christmas, looking forward to reading them :o)

Hope you and the Clan had a great Christmas!

Bridgett said...

I've been meaning to read this duo for awhile now...thanks for reminding me to do so. :D