google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A Danny Quote

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Danny Quote

One night last month a small group of our friends was sitting in my living room. Everyone was a little tipsy, and the mood grew melancholy. One by one folks started voicing their biggest regrets: that they never finished college, that they 'wasted' years on John Doe, that this error happened or that opportunity wasn't taken.

And then it was my turn. I sat there woefully underemployed, with a van that doesn't run, a gutter that needs replacement and a degree I don't use. And I thought, I really truly thought "Don't blow this off. Think hard and be honest. Deep down what's my one, most troubling regret of the last 35 years?"

After a moment it came to me, this deepest, most painful, most honest regret. And so I voiced it:

"I wish" I said, and sighed. "I wish I could rap."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...that was soooo funny....still funny now! Everyone should have your genuine content nature!! Lisa

Bridgett said...

You're a hoot! :)

Jeanne said...

Funny....:)