Feb 23rd: Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.): "Men, when they're out of work, tend to become abusive . . . Women don't have jobs either, but women aren’t abusive, most of the time," he said." THIS is the chosen leader of the Senate Dems? Ru sure he's not a GOP mole? When he speaks its like an episode of Jackass meets Ca...ndid Camera. I'm thinking maybe he and his wife will have the chance to test his theory (incorrect) after November . .
[Mark] Concannon Leaves WITI This is dated info, although it's 'new' on the Journal's site. Either Tim Cuprisin broke the news on FB yest, or I read it on a media blog. Either way, good luck Mark - and ignore the snark in the comments. People protected by the anonymity of the web are, as a rule, suckassy.
* Former NBA star Jayson Williams gets five-year sentence in shooting People are bi**hing about how an NBA star 'got off easy', but the death was clearly accidental. Essentially, he's serving 5 years in prison for hindering the investigation. To me, when u can kill a man intentionally and skate after 15 years, 5 years seems a little steep for idiotically trying to cover up the 'hows' of an accident.
* Wisconsin closes milk-production gap with Calif. Good news WI. About time we started putting fear into those insolent, so-called "happy cows." Be afraid you bovine traitors - Daddy needs a new pair of leather pants.
* Lockerbie bomber Megrahi living in luxury villa six months after being at 'death's door' Remember, he was allegedly released because he had less than 3 months to live. Six months later, he's alive and kicking in a 'luxury villa'. There's no question in my mind that Libya's threats to cut oil contracts led the Brits to release him and disregard both the law and justice. Shame on everyone involved.
* 'My heart, my choice,' Williams says, defending decision for U.S. heart surgery Tsk Tsk. Newfoundland and Labrador (Canada) Premier Danny Williams went to the US recently for heart surgery. He "was aware his trip to the [US] for heart surgery . . . would spark outcry, but he concluded his personal health trumped any public fallout . ." Quote: "I did not sign away my right to get the best possibl...e health care for myself when I entered politics." endquote.
* Busy day. Topped off fluids on the car, took the kids to school & Lauren to playgroup, (Smiley's bus never showed) had my crucifix fixed, cleaned fish & turtle tanks & kitty litter in btwn writing. Now Park and I r making a turkey, stuffing (w/ walnuts), rolls & yams for our Tues Family Nt. Then a game & we'll end by reading from Anne Frank's diary. Not 'fun' per se, but they seem woefully ignorant of the Holocaust.
- Family nights have been a hit. They usually start out w/ a dinner I make while Lisa's at play practice (burritos and homemade cornbread the week before, wonderful boneless ribs the week before that), followed by an activity.
* Dinner was A1. Got the kids to eat yams by saying they were carrots. But L & the girls were late bcuz she left the lts on and needed a jump-start, so we xnay'd the game. I did read Anne Frank's 1st 2 entries to the girls. They liked her snarky & somewhat judgemental take on her classmates. Based on her bday gifts, theydecided she was much richer than us :) We'll try reading a few pgs each nt.
* I was going to go all in-depth on tonight's American Idol, but I think I can sum it up nicely: disappointing, boring, and almost enough to convince you the talk about this group being 'strong' is all smoke and mirrors. However, Katelyn and Crystal did well, Lily was @ least interesting, and Michelle was as good as Elle...n said. My picks to go home: Janell and Haeley (sp?).