google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Royette Pickett November 28, 1942 - June 15, 2010

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Royette Pickett November 28, 1942 - June 15, 2010


In mid-June Lisa's Aunt Royette passed away.

Royette, who was named after her father, was a genuinely kind woman who lived on her own in a senior apartment building while struggling to control the diabetes that took her life. She enjoyed Native American memorabilia, doll collecting, arts and crafts, and anything to do with Elvis and cats.

She also took a special interest in her grand-nieces, and more than once she had LuLu and YaYa spend the night. She seemed especially close to YaYa, and it was a fondness that was reciprocated. You can glimpse some of the love she had for my children in the pictures below.

Her death marked the beginning of a rough summer, and to my shame I failed to record her passing here. She deserved better. She was a good person, and we miss her. We really do.

Rest in Peace Aunt Royette.






I have fought the good fight.

I have finished the race.

I have kept the faith.

2 Timothy 4:7

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thank you so much, the post was unbelievable, and the pictures so loveing...Brought tears to my eyes, you really should do more writing..

Sybil said...

We sure are catching up now. Sorry to read about Aunt Royette. I expect the girls will miss her for a while. Thank goodness wee ones don't dwell on things as we do at times.
love sybil