google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: St Nick's 2010

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

St Nick's 2010

You'll have to forgive the latest Slapinions hiatus, as my Internet service was down for a few weeks. I can update my Facebook page from my phone, but it's a wee bit harder to orchestrate a blog post via that method :)

Photobucket

This Sunday night/Monday morning was the celebration of St. Nick's, a warm-up to Christmas which is widespread here but which is apparently limited to the German-influenced cities of the Midwest. Let me know if the tradition extends to your neck of the woods, as it certainly is a practice that deserves a wider audience.

Photobucket

We slowly chipped away at the stockings over the last few weeks. Each kid got a minimum of some Silly Bandz, a holiday themed Coca-Cola bottle, a small amount of candy, and some socks. Sunday evening, with severe cold on the way for the AM, we picked up a pair of gloves for each child and added them to the mix.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Smiley and Ginger each got a character-themed bath set (Spongebob and Dora, respectively) and YaYa got a 3 DVD set of funny animal videos I bought on super clearance. We also picked up a copy of Taylor Swift's Christmas CD for her, as YaYa is a HUGE Swift fan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

LuLu got a sticker album for the movie Tangled that I found at the Dollar Tree, and a panda bear Lisa found at a rummage sale (Panda's are her favorite animal).

Photobucket

As she's always complaining about not having as many CD's as her sister, we picked up a copy of Selena Gomez's latest for her. She also got a great big can of black olives to enjoy!


Photobucket

Lisa bought me a Farmville gift card (yippee!) and I got her a copy of Ke$ha's newest CD.

All in all, a very nice, very happy, surprisingly robust looking St. Nick's 2010. Good planning Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Sybil said...

Thanks for not forgetting us !! I don;t know anyone over here who celebrates St, Nicks day..but over in Hioland and Germany I do believe most everyone does. For us nowadays it is Christmas that is celbrated. ( In Scotland many years ago,,,almost before I was born ! it was New Year that was celebration times for childrena and adults) I am so glad you all had such a lovely time. The bairns are all growing so fast now, it's lovley to be kept in touch.
Bless you all
Love Sybil xx