google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My Favorite Things pt 2

Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Favorite Things pt 2

I think that a few people thought an earlier spiel about my cell phone was a paid post, part of some obscure Internet marketing plan. No, sorry. I just love the phone. You'll see a few more posts of my 'favorite things' in the future. For today, I'm going to chose something low-tech, just to finish dispelling that notion.

This is a canvas book cover available at Barnes and Noble. Large enough to accomodate a Robert Jordan tome, but able to adapt to any convential size hardcover, this is truly one of my Favorite Things. I have one to accomodate mass market paperbacks, but it's this one that I adore.

Photobucket

It has a durable, textured canvas cover that resists stains, and a zipper that locks up the book safe and sound.

Photobucket

When I read a hardcover I remove the dust jacket for safe keeping and slide the book into the case. It includes an attached ribbon bookmark, if you like that sort of thing. Myself, I think bookmarks are a sign of mental weakness. ;)

Photobucket

The outside of the case features a zippered pocket. It's deceptively roomy. I keep my datebook, book light, coins, and misc junk in it.

Photobucket

And of course, it also has a handle along the spine.

Photobucket

I got the book cover from my Mom for my birthday in '09, and it certainly ranks as not only one of my Favorite Things, but one of the best gifts ever. I love it.

~ Dan

No comments: