google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Our September Trip to Cool Waters

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our September Trip to Cool Waters

On September 4th (Labor Day Weekend) we took the kids to Cool Waters, a local county owned water park, to celebrate the end of summer. The air that day was cool, and it was hardly a day that screamed 'water sports'. But it was the 2nd to last day of the season for the park, the water is heated, it was last day for the free coupons we had, and most importantly, one of the rare times Lisa could convince me to accompany the kids near a crazy large body of water.

The air temp actually worked towards our advantage, as we had the park all but to ourselves the whole day. I kid you not.

Here's a few of the FB posts I made from my phone that day:

Smiley is tall enough for the adult slides! And he loves them!

Photobucket

my family accounts for 6 of the FIFTEEN patrons in the entire water park right now [THIS WAS NOT AN EXAGGERATION!]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Although the air was chilly the water was warm, and w/ the park nearly empty my water-anxiety w/ the kids was nil. It was a great trip (my 1st there) courtesy of passes the kids earned from the library's summer reading program.


I went down the tube slide with all the kids individually (well, not Ginger. She was too small) and I made a big production of screaming like a ninny on the way down each time. Lisa said she could literally hear me across the deserted park!

Photobucket

This next bit *isn't* a sign we feed Ginger too much - it's an inflatable preserver built into her swimsuit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The lifeguards that day were soooo bored, but I relished the opportunity to have 2 or 3 lifeguards for every kid in the water :) And as I said to one of them, "You might be bored, but I feel like a celebrity that just bought out the park".

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For the most part, when I wasn't on a slide with the older kids, I just took turns with Lisa watching Ginger in the kiddie area. It was a very relaxing time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

What a great time we had!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Everyone looks like they had such a good time, even you, your smile lights up the sky. Great Pictures

Sybil said...

I am so happy for you all that you had such a fantastic day at the water park...the photo's just prove how much you all did. Nice to think back on in the cold winter months.
Love to ALL,
Sybil x