google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Funhouse Stairs No More

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Funhouse Stairs No More

You saw the before pictures of the back porch. Howsabout some 'after'? Our contractor came over on the 18th and began the work on one of the hottest days of the year to date. That sucked - for him. Me? All I had to do was sit back, enjoy the A/C and write out a check.

(note my bike in the background. Sniff.)

Photobucket

Here's the old porch post-demolition. I should have painted the side of the shed before the new porch went up to block it, dang nabbit.

Photobucket

Here's the new porch. Nothing fancy, but we didn't want it to be. If we're going to spend money on a porch, it'll be on the front version, not this one. If the shed didn't hug the lot line to the north we might have expanded it in that direction, but practicality dictated it fit the space allotted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The porch was functional and basic, as requested, but I was very happy with his work on the bilco/cellar door.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He leveled off the sides with concrete, put on seals, caulking, and whatnot, and made a solid, pretty darn snug entrance.

Photobucket

Photobucket




There's still work to be done. In part because of the bike theft I've decided to bite the bullet and replace the rear entry door with something newer and more substantial, although still bright and fitting in with the rest of the home.

 Not that it *doesn't* need replacing anyway, as it is old as sin and so worn that I actually saw light coming through the wood the other day. Still, the porch replacement took up a good chunk of my - well I was about to say spending money, but frankly, it took a lot of my anything money. I would have preferred to wait a month or two, but away we go.

Remember, this may be the Year of the Comeback, but I've only been 'fully' employed now for 5 months.  I'm still playing catch-up.


So there ya have it. Funhouse stairs no more. 

No comments: