google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My first month on FB - pt 2

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My first month on FB - pt 2


Just to head off the inevitable reports about how Fox is evil for not carrying yet another talk by the Prez - here's the scoop. As the article explains, when the conference was originally scheduled for 8pm CST NBC was going to skip it and run their own program. Now Fox had to make the call. It all depends on how much $ is invested in the programming set to be bumped. Business is business.

It's all business, as the broadcast network had already scheduled a new two-hour edition of "So You Think You Can Dance," one of the most successful summer "reality" shows.
July 22, 2009 at 10:46 am Friends

Pearl Jam's new song "The Fixer" is on the web. I'm (happily) suprised that it has a strong pop sound, w/ kind of an '80's vibe. Or so I gather while sitting here wrestling with the baby for possession of a bag of tortilla chips . . . .which she just dumped all over the floor. Curse me for reproducing so often. If only I wasn't so good at it.

July 22, 2009 at 12:02 pm Friends

What's up with all the miltiary jets coming out of Mitchell today? They keep buzzing overhead, even with the current rain showers.
July 23, 2009 at 1:48 pm Friends

I know some of you on this site will recognize the name and his work, even if, like me, you've never read his novels.

A Random House executive has confirmed to BV Newswire that best-selling author E. Lynn Harris has died.He was 54. Harris was on tour, promoting his 11th novel, 'Basketball Jones,' which involved an NBA ...
July 24, 2009 at 6:36 pm Friends

At Job Prior I was a business rep on the design team for the project in the article. A "$1.5 million . . . streetscaping project on a 4.5-mile stretch of the roadway, from College Avenue to Kinnickinnic River Parkway."

I've very sad to read that since I left the job the artwork has changed, as I designed one of the early logos. It seemed to fit the bill quite nicely.

F* it. The street is an economic mess, and it will take more than some new hardscaping to turn it around.

Greenfield — Some changes along South 27th Street - a $1.5 million streetscaping project, for one - are certainly going to happen.
July 24, 2009 at 8:34 pm Friends


I'm a dork.

On Baseball Think Factory there's an article about Yankees' security with the headline "Beware the Toasties". Naturally I commented with the following:

"IIRC, the New Kids on the Block have an unreleased song from the '80' entitled Toasties. Just thought I'd share."

The first comment after it: "Just thought [you would] share? Why??"

Rare NKOTB song, "Toasties"
July 26, 2009 at 6:07 pm Friends

I've said before that David Tennant was in grave danger of passing Jon Pertwee as my favorite Doctor ever, and now I think it's official. Plus, after seeing the two part "Human Nature", I think I now have a new favorite episode, possibly the first that I'll ever force Lisa to sit down and watch. Best. Sci-Fi. Series. Ever.

ps. Martha Jones aka Freema Agyman . . . my word.



July 27, 2009 at 11:12 am Friends

The Journal is asking me to write a column that I'm sure would lead to (more) hate mail and serious flack. Hell, I got hate mail when I wrote about SNOW. They asked for volunteers, and when no one raised their hand she wrote me and asked if I'd please d
July 28, 2009 at 12:05 pm Friends

Well, the Journal settled matters. The editor sent out a mass email announcing I'd been assigned the column before I even said yes. yee-haw. Great.
July 28, 2009 at 3:40 pm Friends

For all my b*tching and moaning, the column poured out onto the page easy-peezy, and it's already in the editor's mailbox. So what to do with the rest of the night . . .
July 28, 2009 at 11:21 pm Friends

Given the fact that the seven defendants are accused of "plotting violent jihad overseas, and are charged with conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists and conspiracy to murder, kidnap, maim and injure" I'm reckoning the FBI had no need of the stunt she alleges. And if they for some reason did pull a fast one on her, well and good - better that then a single life lost, even if it does jeopardize a potential court case.
A woman whose husband and two sons are accused of plotting "violent jihad" overseas said federal authorities tricked her into leaving her home so they could search it.
July 29, 2009 at 7:15 pm Friends


To those who continue to be in denial about the BoSox, and believe only my belovd Yankees were cursed by PED's . . David Ortiz say's hello.

Slugging stars David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez, who helped deliver the Boston Red Sox their first world championship in 86 years in 2004 and a second title in 2007, are among the names on the list of 104players ...
July 30, 2009 at 1:08 pm Friends

I will give you one, no TWO, scooby-snacks if you are willing to do my dishes before Lisa returns home with the kids. Ok . . three?? Anyone???
July 30, 2009 at 2:16 pm Friends

I did jack today, other than play with the baby and write. I'll try to hit the dishes after work. I did, however, mail out the party invites and bake the brownies as a treat for the kids tonight.
July 30, 2009 at 2:53 pm

I've always enjoyed his column, and I wish him well.

It's fitting that my last column runs the day that the federal government ends its coupon program for digital TV converter boxes. The digital transition is complete. But the end of Inside TV & Radio is part of a much broader transition that's affecting everything we read, watch, and listen to.
July 31, 2009 at 1:14 pm Friends

Former President Corazon Aquino, who swept away a dictator and then sustained democracy by fighting off seven coup attempts in six years, has died, her family said Friday. She was 76.
July 31, 2009 at 4:50 pm Friends


No comments: