google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Two Quotes from Junie

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Two Quotes from Junie

Junie was goofing around on our office chair when she tripped and 

fell off, landing on her face. Lisa and I both checked for injuries (to 

date, Junie is the only kid who has yet to have stitches). Thankfully

the damage was minor. “You’re ok, but you’ll have a fat lip,” Lisa 

told her.


Immediately Junie, who had faced down numerous injuries without 

blinking,  was aghast.


“FAT??!!!,” she said. “I gonna have a fat lip!”


Junie, you see, has a wee bit of a distaste for the 

weight-challenged, despite having yours truly as a father.

********




Junie came home from a weekend with Lisa’s mother singing a song

 that went like this “Chock-o-lat, you drivin’ me crazy” and she 

sang it over and over. Apparently this tune was belted out by a 

mechanical monkey she saw at Grandma’s, and as far as I was 

concerned it was singing about the wonders of chocolate. Lisa 

wasn’t so sure, and translated that first line – goodness knows how – as “Jungle Love”


Sure as day, it WAS “Jungle Love” by Milwaukee’s own Steve Miller.



Another favorite of hers, this one from the cartoon “Phineas and 

Ferb”:  “My name is Doof and you do what I say, my name is doof 

and you do what I say.”

No comments: