google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Pumpkin Carving with Junie

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Pumpkin Carving with Junie


Back in mid-October I took Junie to a pumpkin carving event at a nearby park. You carve a jack-o-lantern, leave it behind for a few days as the park celebrates Halloween, and then pick it in time for the actual holiday. 

 I didn't want to go. I was salty as heck about the 2015 event, when some folks in the neighborhood took it upon themselves to decorate their homes with (literally) dozens of jack-o-lanterns they swiped from the park. 

I don't cotton thieves. 



But obviously I went. Someone's taking the pictures, right? Unlike prior years the pumpkins were precleaned, which robbed us of the seeds, which ticked me off even more And it was pitch dark, and we had to carve it under the light on my cell phone. Which also annoyed me. But Junie had a blast. 

She carved a face on one side, her initials on the other.





Some of her friends were there and they "dabbed" and showed off for the camera. 





A few days later we picked up the pumpkin, avoiding the pumpkin grabbers, and proudly displayed it on our porch!

No comments: