google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: An Odd Xmas Feeling

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2006

An Odd Xmas Feeling

I'm feeling very . . well, not anti-Christmas. It remains my favorite holiday and I'm glad it's coming. I'm just very tired, emotionally/financially/physically and it seems like the holiday just keeps pounding away at me this year.

Case in point: today, at my lowest ebb, I still had to spend a decent chunk of my day prepping for two - yes two - Christmas parties we're hosting in the next few days. Okay, so I did 5% of the work and Lis did the rest.  It was still exhausting.

And when exactly did we become the social center of Milwaukee?

90% of the fatigue can be explained by the activity of the last six weeks, which resulted in some great news. but I'll get into that at a later time.

8% is because of a disconnect I feel this year, ironically because in those six weeks Lisa stepped up and did all the decorating, cards, shopping, wrapping , and planning for Christmas. I didn't do a dang thing.

I'm glad and grateful, but it puts a distance between me and the holiday.

2 % is probably, sub-consciously, is the fact that it's the first Christmas without my Grandma.

Ah, Blah Blah.

To change the subject, here's a copy of my Xmas list.

I put it here not in the expectation of having a reader buy me something, but because I think, when looking at it years down the road,  it gives you a pretty good idea where a person's life stood at that time. The exception might be '04, when my list included 8 or 9 mafia related items.

That was just a freak Sopranos/Godfather kick I was on. :)

 I have my library card clear so no books are necessary. Someone could pay off my bogus Blockbuster bill if they like lol

* * * * * ** * * *
 
A book light for reading in bed
 
Gardening tools - tho' we *may* inherit some with the house
 
The Godfather PC game - $15. Any more than a few bucks more and you're getting ripped off. Not sure about this; either I would love it and play it constantly or let it sit and gather dust. 
 
GC for ebay or WalMart, so I could expand my wardrobe next year
 
Cedar Chest - big enough forblankets and mementos
 
Last Supper - tho' I'll prob buy the one at the 2nd hand store
 
Boze Blogostaw Nasz Dom - a plaque of this, esp. one from my ancestors, would be a swell housewarming or xmas gift
 
boxing heavy bag
 
a cat tree
 
if anyone sees an old manual style lawnmower for sale, holler at me
 
I am in constant need of size 14 black dress shoes, if ya stumble across some. Ditto over the calf tube socks in my size, Hane's I think, the ones with the red lettering on the toe. And I like the ablack big men's socks from Wal-Mart.
 
An XM Radio MP3 Player - lol. yeah right. lol  This is right up there with my telescope and guitar. Somewhere down the road . . .
 
I don't think I have a copy of the Godfather on DVD, even after all these years. And It's a Wonderful life had it's cover tore off, so to be picky that could be redone.. . . other DVD's . . well, I'm not into DVD's. I have Netflix for that.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Gab