google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My Weekend Rambles

Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

My Weekend Rambles

My weekend wasn't half bad actually.

A large part of it was spent watching Parker, with LuLu with her Grandma and YaYa either at bday parties or out getting a pedicure with her Mom :)

YaYa had her first soccer game of the year Saturday and let four goals get by when she was goalie, but tried hard.

Saturday we also took the kids to the park. Parker took three wicked shots to the head when he wallked in front of Lu on the swing, and I foolishly tried following Lu down the slide and got my butt stuck for un momento.

I did get some projects done. I primed and painted both exterior doors (with Parker's 'help' - I have a great pic of that), Lis and I put up the handrails on the interior steps, Ijerry-rigged the cellar door, and got Lu's room cleaned. Plus Sunday was a gorgeous day that we spent outside. We got the porch cleaned off (Lord, it's big when clean!) and started some lawn work.

I even got my birdfeeder up! (btw, I saw a hawk in the yard this past week)

* * * *

Oh, Park actually said a complete sentence, or nearly so today: he responded to Lisa by saying "lub you too" which is a feat, considering he says nothing more complicated than 'buh bye' and then only rarely.  :)

* * * *

In other rambles, I've learned to appreciate the History Channel and the near constant presence of MLB action on cable, and I bite my tongue when the kids watch Spongebob Squarepants, imho a god-awful show if there ever was one.

I genuinely feel privileged to have watched A-Rod homer twice in a game this weekend, tho' I must admit the whole Red Sox - Yankees rivalry is begining to be a bore. I'd like another East team to step up and join the fight.

The Devil Rays by '09 I'd reckon, but perhaps Toronto this year?

No comments: