google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: An odd choice for a picture experiment

Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2007

An odd choice for a picture experiment

AOL Journals has gone all fancy-dancy, allowing you four options to upload pics to your blog. The standard option, the one that allows me to post the masthead, is erroring out for over a week. [The Journals Editor is working on it, I believe] So here's two pics I did using the 'upload from your computer' option.

Last Saturday on the day of her recital LuLu decided [it was,by her own admission, for no discernable reason] to pick up a hot curling iron Lisa was using on YaYa and put it in/by her mouth.

A toy 'microphone' perhaps?

The result was a set of blistered lips that nearly landed her in the Urgent Care clinic. She toughed it out and went on with the show, largely forgetting about the injury. In fact, while at the show she changed her mind and asked for some lipstick.

So anyhow - here's two pics of the aftermath. They've started to heal nicely now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, that had to hurt. Probably still does.
Ten years ago we moved into a house with an electric range. My son, then 6 years old, stood beside me as I stirred his favorite malt-o-meal breakfast to perfection. Since I couldn't do anything else, I wish I could have looked away when he reached out and placed his finger on the red coil. "What are you doing?" I shouted in horror. As he instantaneously drew both hands to his chest he responded meekly, "I was just trying to see if it was hot." He never could just take my word for anything. Big horrible burn mustta worked - hasn't had a brush with fire since.

Anonymous said...

My daughter did the same thing more or less.  I too had an electric stove and the kitchen was built so that there were cabinets above the stove.  And, of course I had placed drinking glass in that said cabinet.  

While I was on the phone, and cooking something, my daughter wanted a glass an placed her complete hand on the coils, very very bad burn.  

To this day I have no idea why she didn't asked for help as she would other times :),

But all is well now....

Scor0046