google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Parker chatter

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Parker chatter

Lisa just called to say I'd have to remove the dryer vent when I get home. 

"Why?" I asked, a little pissy. The thing had just been installed, then taken out and replaced when the contractors sealed the new glass block windows.

"Because you hadn't replaced the outside cover yet, and so Parker decided to dump two pairs of shoes down the vent," she said.

That little bugger . .I'm sure he will be the class clown. He always has a smile on his face and THE Hollywood-perfect look of mischief in his eyes.

He's even begun to tolerate me, throwing a shoulder against me (his best version of a hug for his Daddy) when his Mom asks him to, but still grunting and barking when I ask him on my own.

He's Momma's boy right now, always quick to hug and cuddle with her.

We've still got him in his crib, tho' he FINALLY crawled out of it on his own shortly after we moved into the house. We've since installed the handy dandy crib tent to confine him.

He's also very behind on his speech. He will say 'mom' and 'bye', and as recorded here he once said 'lub  you too', but that's it. He doesn't speak - he grunts.

He knows what's going on and understands you just fine, and I believe he thinks in sentences. He just doesn't say it.

More on P-Diddy Wee Diddy later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of that commercial of the father showing the son how to use the VCR & says "You feed the tape in" and then later the son feeds the machine his oatmeal! HA!

How old is he? Has he had his hearing checked? My niece had lots of wax & it was blocking her hearing. Don't reinforce the grunting by giving him what he wants. Make him try to say it & then slowly reinforce.