google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Brief Non-Lauren Interlude

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Brief Non-Lauren Interlude

The Brewers SUCK, having dropped out of 1st following a miserable second half. Even with Chicago playing retched ball they still managed to surrender the division lead. Ugh.

Meanwhile the Yanks and Arod are surging in the AL East - congrats to Alex on his 500th Home Run! Sorry Parker and I couldn't be there to see it like we were the 400th.

Barry Bonds broke Aaron's record on the day of Lauren's birth, and if nothing else it means I don't have to watch/listen/read endless crap about the man each day.

I watched Tom Glavine notch his 300th win vs. the Cubs (and keep the Brew Crew in 1st a minute longer). Best wishes to him and congratulations.

* * * *

I just finished John Scalzi's (of AOL fame) The Last Colony. It's a very good book, very near to the excellence of Old Man's War and much better than the 2nd book of the series.

I also read Martin Cruz Smith's Stalin's Ghost, a very solid mystery set in Moscow.

There's a bunch of other books I gobbled up in the last few months, most of which escape my memory but which I'll update over the course of the day.

 7 - the Mickey Mantle Novel, was one of 'em, Heart Shaped Box, an excellent horror novel, was another. The girls were always asking me 'what did the ghost do now?' as I read the latter.

A viewing of the movie Zodiac (two DVD viewings actually) led me to read Zodiac and Zodiac Unmasked  by Robert Graysmith.  'Unmasked' is much more comprehensive and well written than his first book, and it was the book I was reading in the hospital while Lauren was born.

I read Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child, the newest John Sandford book (the title escapes me - it was a Prey novel), and . .

Well, like I said, I'll update later.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your log and your pictures, don't alwas agree with your comments, but thats ok  :)

You are blessed to have a great looking family,

Jeanne