google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My Political Views, according to Facebook

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Political Views, according to Facebook

There are a ton of useless, mindless quizzes on Facebook. I have no desire to know what '80's hair band best reflects my personality, or what Nordic god I'd be (Odin - duh). I do admit to a sophomoric desire to take a score of the girly quizzes, just to find out what Disney Princess I'd be and freak out the in-laws.

Anywho, I did enjoy a quiz that tried to pigeonhole where you stand on the political spectrum. It was pretty detailed, and while I have no idea if it was scientifically accurate or not, I was impressed.


My Political Views
I am a right social moderate
Right: 5.08, Libertarian: 0.15

Political Spectrum Quiz


My Foreign Policy Views
Score: 6.43

Political Spectrum Quiz


My Culture War Stance
Score: 5.66

Political Spectrum Quiz


The Political Spectrum Quiz
Daniel is a right social moderate. He is also a neo-con and culturally conservative. Daniel's scores (from 0 to 10):

Economic issues: +5.08 right
Social issues: +0.15 libertarian
Foreign policy: +6.43 neo-con
Cultural identification: +5.66 conservative
Category: political quizzes

* * **

No surprises on the foreign policy front, since I've always been a bit of a hawk. Still, in this day and age 'neo-con' just means not agreeing to take one up the ass every time another country might have its feelings hurt.

My, that did sound neo-con, didn't it? :)

I was a little thrown off by not being judged as more libertarian. But, after reviewing the test, I do favor government intervention in some cases, and my pro-life views don't jibe with the standard Libertarian platform.

All those results, and a pretty little graph too. What more can you ask for in a free Facebook quiz?

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Interesting! I'll have to take this and see how we differ. :D