google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Thinking out loud

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thinking out loud

Last month you might remember that I wrote a horror story and submitted it to a local contest. Since the public reading for the winners is scheduled for November 3rd, I'd realistically decided I'd lost. No biggee - try and try again.

But I just called and asked for the lineup for the event and was told it wasn't public knowledge, that the winners would be notified at the ceremony itself and asked to read their work. No entrant has been invited, it's just hoped they'll attend.

That's nuts.

First of all, the events capacity is capped at 80 people, and there's already a waiting list. Second, theres a minimum age limit, which means none of my kids could attend. Third, what if I win but I'm not there (since I'm on the wait list)? Heck, what if Jane Doe wins and she's not present? Do we just not have a reading and a program and slowly leave the room? And do I want to sit through two hours of mush just to hear my name not called?

Goofy. Anyhow, I was about to post the entry here, but I'll hold the story pending the official announcement of a winner.

2 comments:

Joann said...

I hope YOU win, and I hope that they'll figure out how ridiculously UNORGANIZED this is BEFORE that night!!

Bridgett said...

Ummm...yea. That's pretty dumb.

But I do wish you the best of lucky and hope you win!