google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Slapinions is Five Years Old!

Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2009

Slapinions is Five Years Old!



Five years ago today this blog was born.

That was right after the 2004 election, and I'd spent many a month writing 600 word pieces and emailing them to friends and family (most of whom, I'm sure, deleted them unread). Then it dawned on me. I read a lot of blogs, I admired a lot of blogs, I enjoyed writing. Why the heck wasn't I blogging?

And so I did. There's not much more to say about the birth process, other than I give Lisa full credit for the blog's title, a combination of my last name and "opinions". Kudos on that hon.

A blink of an eye later and here we are,five years and 1468 published posts later. Five years - that's a respectable run for most marriages nowadays. Color me impressed.

Will Slapinions be around for a grand 10th celebration? I guess we'll just have to wait and see ;)

Oh, and to all those who've stopped by to say hello over the years, a sincere "Thank You". I could do it without you, but it wouldn't be half as fun.

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

I began blogging in 2004 also, in June, I think. I don't know what I did without it!

Bridgett said...

Happy birthday to Slapinions!!!

We're old hands at this blogging thing, eh? My blog celebrated it's 6th birthday on October 26. Still can't believe all that's happened since then.

And kudos to Lisa for the title! It's very clever. :)

XOXO

Astaryth said...

Happy Blogoversary! I just realized (after reading this and doing a quick check) that I started Blogging in October of 2004. Wow! Time flies! However, I haven't had as much to say as you.... I'm blaming it on the fact you have all the kids for blog fodder ;p

Sybil said...

well 5 years...congradulations..
It was a good day when I somehow or other stumbled in on your blog..all the sharing that has been done..the great family I have been priviledged to enjoy,
all in all a BIG THANK YOU
Love Sybil x