google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Surgery postponed - an update

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Surgery postponed - an update

As many of you know from Lisa's Facebook update, my Mom's surgery was postponed after a series of delays that knocked the surgery from noon, to three, to . . . possibly Monday.

So in the meantime, let's pretend all is normal.

* * * *

After we visited my Mom this morning I went to work. In the evening Lisa packed up all the kids and took them to Chuck E Cheese for an 8th birthday party for Meadow, a family friend that had slept over this weekend.

The party was fine, but that Chuck E Cheese has gone downhill. Metal detectors, security guards - and yet twice, TWICE in ninety minutes kids stole tickets and token cards from YaYa. They were recovered both times, but c'mon! As Lisa said "I held my purse close the whole time. Real close."

Here's a picture of LuLu and Ginger at the party:



Did I mention that Lu had those two bottom teeth pulled? She was terrified and asked to call me (I was at work), but she bounced back just fine.

* * *

A frightening development in my household Sunday: Ginger got out of the crib on her own. God help us all.

* * *

Report cards last week. LuLu did very well, and I have no complaints; YaYa did very well in some areas and awful in math. The math grade is unacceptable, and from now on she and I will sit down and re-do any problem she gets wrong on homework and tests.

* * *

For a week or two Ginger abandoned me and would cuddle and play only with Lisa; she seems incapable of showing affection for more than one person at a time. Saturday things swung back in my direction, and she ignored the Mrs. and doted on me. It's crazy how hurt I was by her rejection, and how happy I was when I was back in her favor.

2 comments:

Sybil said...

Will still be holding Mom in my prayers ans hope she dosn't have to wait too long. Glad that the girls got mainly good reports from school..When I read that the wee one had got out her cot.I took a deep breath and sent a quick arrow prayer for you all !!
Love Sybil x

Bridgett said...

Bah. I'm late, as usual. Has you mom had her surgery?

As far as Chuck E. Cheese...there are no guards at the one here...but it's disgusting. Messy, cluttered, half the machines don't work, and the half that do are out of tickets.

Don't be too hard on YaYa...math was always so hard for me too. My brain just could not wrap itself around all that geometry junk. LOL

As far as the rejection goes, I'm getting used to it. Autumn is a daddy's girl through and through. And if it's not daddy, it's her grandma. I come in third place. And yea, it sure does suck, doesn't it?

XOXO