google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Yet another reason to move away from AOL

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Yet another reason to move away from AOL

Begining last night, pictures have been deleted from my AOL storage space, apparently by some unknown glitch on their end. Three yesterday, seven so far today.

I've contacted AOL and they seem genuinely concerned but have provided me no means of fixing or arresting this problem. Their service reps have filed two reports  to their technical department on my behalf but admit I won't be contacted when/if the problem is diagnosed or fixed.

If nothing else, having a bunch of blank boxes on my site makes it a wee bit less impressive to first time visitors.

How crappy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Check this out see if it helps...Elizabeth




New Journal Entry
A new entry has been posted to the Journal:
AOL Journals: Magic Smoke
Subject: Having FTP Image Problems?
Author: journalseditor
"
Hi...if you're having problems with images from your FTP or Hometown space not showing up in your Journals, please send me an e-mail (with the address of the affected Journal), so I can forward the info to the tech team so they can investigate properly.

Thanks -- Joe

Anonymous said...

I better go check mine! I think the Blogfather wrote something about it today or yesterday.