google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: 9/11 Six Years Later

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11 Six Years Later

Here's a link to my memories of that horrible day.

What I find incredible is the overall lack of emotion/interest/horror the event inspires here in 2007.

It's been SIX years folks, not sixty, and yet everyone seems to have pushed the day into the history books and out of the mainstream. I'm guilty of it myself, but six years ago I'd have taken bets that the day would perpetually loom front-and-center on the American consciousness.

Maybe it's a good thing - certainly it shows that our country is more than capable of absorbing a tragedy and pushing forward - but somehow, in my mind, it just seems to brand us as shallow.

"Never forget. Never forgive."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where I worked today I asked if the flag should be at half mast, and I was loudly told no way, no body died....

I walked away sadly, a lot of people died....I had my flag at half mast, but I also noted not to may others did...

Like you said, it's history...

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

We had our flags half mast!

Yes, we have to move on but it was eerie for me walking in Chicago today wondering if the goof would do something again. I think we have not forgotten the event but the emotions have to come back to "normal" or we can't function. I would not be able to go for my back treatments or enjoy the sites etc. I think it would help if we were actually making progress & doing the right thing with our military!