google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Lauren's First Week - Thursday

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Lauren's First Week - Thursday

Ok, so she was born on Tuesday and went home on Wednesday. That first night with her in the bassinet in our room went so-so and we were understandably tired in the morning.

Still, there were guests to entertain.

Then I did something I'm prone to do, jumping straight into the fire with a new baby and taking the whole kit and kaboodle - in this case, all four kids - out with me. Consider it a way to convince myself I haven't screwed up and jumped in water over my head.

I hedged my bets a little and grabbed Chris's two kids, just so I could have the 9 year old as an emergency set of eyes.

Six kids. Yikes.

We popped over to YaYa's friends house [the one we babysat all summer; she wasn't with us Thurs/Fri to give us family time] to drop off a bag and show off the baby, then hopped over to an appliance part store to replace a broken refridgerator shelf.

The kids were good at the store but it dragged on and on and they began to lose it. On the way home picked up a pizza, then had the kids eat lunch and retire for a nap as it rained outside.

Visitors continued to arrive to see the lass; Aunt Royette was one of them :)

Sometime during the day I escaped to the library, one of four or five times that week I managed the feat. It was a deliriously happy experience.

Here's some pictures of the kids with the baby. We tried hard to get YaYa to connect with Lauren by pointing out how much they look alike (although she quickly began to display aspects of all her siblings)

There's some cute CUTE pics of the baby from that night but they're so adorable I'm going to post them seperately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT! Yep I see them all too.