google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Baseball this rainy September day

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Baseball this rainy September day

Milwaukee Brewers - Logo Background for Myspace or Desktop Wallpaper

Yesterday was probably the coup de grace (sp??) for the Brew Crew, who played a miserable game with a lackluster offense and a tattered bullpen. Again, for the uninformed, it's not that they're losing - I'm very used to that - but that they gave us such high hopes early in the year.

Because of the 2007 Brewers I'll now have to wait until the second week of September before publicly announcing my confidence in the hometeam.

And folks wonder why I love the Yankees. I need someone to root for in October, don't I?

* * *


The kids have been asking to go to a game as of late. I doubt it'll happen. In addition to a scarcity of tickets (and the time to go and the $ to buy them) it would be rather heartbreaking at this point.

* * *

This was the first year of my adult life that I had full 'basic' cable. Thus I've seen more Brewers games than in any year of my life, and for that I'm grateful. (Even if the color on FSN always seems dimmer than on other stations).

* * *

The literal asterisk on the 756 home run ball (of Barry Bonds)? Cute, but over the top. Count me against the idea.

* * *

My votes (like they count): AL MVP - Arod     NL MVP - Fielder  NL ROY - Braun.

Beyond those races I could care less.

Oh, and kudos to Corey Hart - the player, not the singer - who has quickly become one of my favorite Brewers.

 

No comments: