google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A new song by Queen

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A new song by Queen

I'm sitting here listening to the rain pound against my office window with a little Woody Herman in the background. True blue, there are few things in life more grand than a rainstorm at night accompanied by a little jazz or swing on the radio.

Or in this case, my MP3 player.

On to a completely different genre of music. Queen, with Paul Rodgers at the mike, is releasing a new album and the first single debuted recently. I saw a link to it on this journal in the UK and figured I'd post the Youtube video for Tre and the other Queen fans out there.

I wasn't sure about it right out of the gate, but by my second listen I decided all was well. A little more rock and a little less camp than Queen of old, but a heckuva Brian May riff and a catchy chorus. I give it a thumbs up.

Here's Queen + Paul Rodgers "C-Lebrity'. Enjoy!

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw this on another journal.  Not my kind of music but not terrible either...lol.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan  I expect you have realised by now that you have at least one daft reader ! I read the title as I am having my first cuppa of the morning and read new song by Queen....the message that got to my brain was New Song FOR Queen !!  I though how did he find out over there when I havn't even heard it over here yet !!!  Yep youve guessed it I was thinking of our Queen....not the group queen...talk about daft !!   HAve a good day. It is beautiful here this morning just very frosty.  Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Hey, that rocks! Reminds me a little of "Tie Your Mother Down." Brian May has such a distinctive sound, and Roger Taylor still rocks pretty good. I sent it to my Cousin Shane, who also loves Queen. Thanks for putting this up!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Shhh, I'm at the library, but I'll try to listen later as queen and I go way back.
                                          Thanks,  Leigh