google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Hey, lend me a hand will ya?

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hey, lend me a hand will ya?

Just for the record, Raspberry Beret is my favorite Prince song, although Get Off comes in a close second.

With that important fact out of the way, on to the business at hand.

I might have mentioned this before, but a close friend of mine has a friend who's wife is a professional blogger in these parts. Friend of a friend's wife . . yeah, that's right.

Anyway, to my friend's credit this seemed to annoy him, what with me still blogging here for free while she earned a living doing the same thing. Having some connections at that company himself, he promised to put a word in for me.

But he wanted some information to prime the conversation, such as how many visitors I average, etc.

Well, that average is 41 a day, although my mini-vacation is skewing the numbers downward. 1230 visitors a month isn't too bad for a site that now depends soley on word of mouth for advertising (instead of sites like Blog Explosion).

But I'd like some additional info to give him. Keep in mind that at this point my chances of being paid to write are roughly equal to that of being paid to dance covered in baby oil, but what the hell. You never really know; there's always some freak out there who'll  pay for the goods.

So with that in mind, be you a regular who leaves comments or a longtime lurker, please complete these quick survey questions.

If yes . . .

If yes  . . .

Some background info . . .

If outside the U.S . .

Thanks for the help!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question is Why do you blog???? Something to think about.

Anonymous said...

Another question.  Would it change the way you blog-topics, etc., or how you feel about doing it?  Okay, that's 2.   I'd get writer's block in a heart beat!
                                                    Smiles,   Leigh

Anonymous said...

I sure hope I won't be expected to dance in baby oil...or in any other manner thank you !!!!  Good luck whatever the outcome.  Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

If you get paid, will you still keep this blog?  and would your writing style have to change?

Good luck

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I totally think you could dance covered in baby oil.  Chris Farley would.  LOL

(dammit.  now I'm gonna be singing Raspberry Beret all day.)

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Don't forget us little people. ;o)

B.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting about Mr. Hill :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey, good luck!

It was fun seeing the percentages of each answer. Looks like you've got a lotta ladies reading! :)

Beth
http://journals.aol.com/luvrte66/nutwoodjunction/

P.S. I think Prince is one of our musical greats, but is often much maligned. I'm not sure why, because he's a helluva a writer and guitarist. If I had to choose a favorite Prince song, I think it would be "Seven," but "Sexy MF" is pretty darn good, too.

Anonymous said...

I voted; this is the longest poll I've taken in someone's journal; it was fun to do; good luck with it!

you got a lot of ladies reading your blog

betty

Anonymous said...

I was feeling blue toad.  I came to your site and you described a large, hairy Polish guy covered in baby oil dance.

With that image seared into my cerebral cortex, I'm now despondent verging on suicidal.

Other than that, I'm a big fan and want you to write for my newspaper.

;)

Anonymous said...

good luck.

why is VA in the south but considered northeastern?!  hmmmm.
that always aggravates me ;)

have a good weekend~
~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

That was fun!!  Wish you all the best, I think you'd make a great pro-blogger!!

Joann