google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Prettey Farys by YaYa

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Prettey Farys by YaYa

This is a 'book' YaYa wrote in February or March. As I've mentioned before, she routinely writes stories in her notebook, usually while laying in bed and ignoring our orders to go to sleep.

The irregular spelling can largely be traced to (well, her age) and the fact that her school stresses phonics over correct spelling until 2nd grade. Following each page I'll provide a translation when needed.

Chapters: Out at the Park, Pretty as can be, and ???

One day I was invited to the ball! And my name is Gem! But I was a maid. My owner said too bad so sad.

No one would believe me, but I saw [a] fairy.

The fairy I see (saw?) has a cat.

The fairy said you can go to the ball. But only until midnight.

No, I completely agree. She so totally left it open for a sequel.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

 So Cute.   A young writer.  She will be blogging before you know it.

                Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smile.  Kids are great huh.  
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

She sure is a very smart girl.  Well done.   Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous job! I can't wait to read the sequel! The pictures were so artistic too I loved them!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Stell asa Rook = Still as a rock??

Very cute!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Dan...:::grinning from ear to ear:::...this is too much.  My kiddies have all done this too.  Too sweet that you translated for those of us who may not have graduated to parentspeak yet.  Love it. ;)  C.