google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Quote of the Day "No One"

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Quote of the Day "No One"

An hour after I put the kids to bed I heard footsteps upstairs. Moving to the stairs I could hear the faint sounds of a TV, sneakily turned on with the volume down.

"Who's still awake up there!" I said. 'Said' is a misnomer. It was more like the battle cry of a Visgoth.

"No one-", YaYa said quickly, starltled into responding without thinking. 

I heard a disgusted sigh at her own slip of the tongue, a moments pause, and a resigned "We all are."

It'd be funny if it wasn't a sign of dismal parenting on my part. How they avoided detection for so long is beyond me. They can't go two minutes without equaling the decibel level of a jet during the day, but try to put them to bed and they can sneak around like they have their own private 'mute' button at their disposal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"No One" lives at my house too.   :o)

Anonymous said...

LOL... mine have the same "mute" button... silence is a scary thing. :)  Estela

Anonymous said...

funny, I know all about Mr/Mrs no one....lol

Thanks for the story

Anonymous said...

:) my dad used to always tell us that when 'nobody' showed up we could tell him how unfair it was that we were punished for what he did.

...and yeah, quiet in a house full of kids means something's going down.

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh kids.  You gotta love 'em.  They are so industrious when they want to be.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

 Funny,

                 Julie