google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Just for kicks

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Just for kicks

I'm a big Led Zeppelin fan, and as we all know I also put a lot of stock into my faith. To some this looks hypocritical, and a few friends have questioned how I can call myself christian and still listen to a band with [alleged] satanic ties. Well, the answer is simple:

Zep rocks baby!

Seriously, I don't buy the urban myths, and I don't care if Jimmy Page once dallied with the occult. That was thirty years ago, and folks mellow and change. For Pete's sake, thirty years ago I was in diapers and craving my mother's milk. 

Sure, I never got over it, but most people do . . .

Which leads me to this site, which along with other songs plays Zep's Stairway to Heaven backwards to transcribe a famous diabolical message.

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

I still think it's bogus.

A) I've played it backwards and not heard a thing at home, so it might be a case of someone messing with the track for the site 

 B) really, what would be the point of putting any message out there that requires you to play a song backwards to hear it?

 If that's the best form of communication the Dark Side can come up with, the good guys should have KO'd  'em a long time ago.

And just wait 'til you hear what Britney Spears has on her record . . .

 

Comment on This Post                            View Comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try Date: 2005-04-18 21:27:52

Name: Lauren
Web Site: The Blunt Harpoon
Site Rating: 10
Visitor Comments: Haha, I've heard the backwards Stairway To Heaven theory several times. I don't know if it's true or not, but it always gives me chills. It seems like a pretty attractive way for any band to hide messages... they know they're there, but nobody else does, or at least a very select few.

But Britney's is the best.