google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Glee and Project Runway

Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2009

Glee and Project Runway

Just FYI, I finally got around to posting about YaYa's 7th birthday last October. If you'd like to look at it, check it out here.

* * * *




God Bless High School Musical for making musicals palatable to the public again. Lisa and I watched the (DVR'd) pilot for Fox's Glee tonight, and it will be a must-see for us when the series begins next week.

Glee is a show about a teacher who takes over his school's glee club, while fending off pressure from his wife to quit and get a better paying job. His club is a motley assortment from the "sub-basement" of the school's social order, but they all are very talented. Not that it matters to the insane cheerleading coach, or the pot smoking footall coach, both of whom via the Glee Club with disdain.



Glee is a dramedy with some stylistic nods to The Office. At times it's laugh out loud, and I don't recall any scene that went by without a smile spreading across my face.

Check it out. I think you'll like it.

* * *

I'm still not digging this season of Project Runway too much. It still rocks, just . . . not as much. At least they had the good sense to get rid of the two odd designers to open the season, and the no-talent Mitchell in the latest episode. Can you believe Mitchell? What an absolute, no talent "I got in via pure B.S." designer.

And we've jettisoned Models of the Runway. Yawn.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Glee does sound kind of fun. What station is it on?

I'm not feeling PR as much this year either. Like you, I still like it, but dammit, it's a NY show.

And yea, I never even started watching Models.

XXOO