google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Hey, Pictures are working again!

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hey, Pictures are working again!

 

Ok, after a quick request to the journals editor, my pictures can now be uploaded. They said there was no problem to begin with, but maybe they just released some of that 'magic smoke' without realizing it.

Not the Valentines graphic I had planned btw, but I'm nowhere near that file.

Here's the pics of the girls from this morning. A little darker than I hoped, but beggars can't be choosers given the difficulty loading them today.

Hey - in that top pic, the one with the straight arms - is YaYa flipping the camera the bird? Naw, but it sure looks like it doesn't it?

The kids got small bathsets and a dress up animal face as gifts  (Smiley got a Spiderman set with a bath toy that looks just like an electric razor). Lu made Lisa a card at the library yesterday, making a really articulated flower out of glitter glue (and mushing it to nothingness on the way home) while YaYa made her one at  her Brownie meeting.

Meanwhile the Mrs. and I aren't doing anything for Valentines this year, not even exchanging cards. The anniversary of our first date is Feb 22nd and we usually make a big deal out of that, so Valentines plays second fiddle even in the best of years. This year, with full schedules, no money, and the pair of us exhausted, we'll save our energy for that day.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday!

* * *

One bit of crud news today. AT&T, who I haven't had as a phone provider in a year or more, called me AT WORK to ask for a past due $103 amount. I've never even seen a bill as it's probably still going to my old address; really, at first I thought we were discussing a balance for the business. I never imagined I still owed those bums anything.

I said to fax me a copy of the bill and that I'd pay it out of my tax return. She abruptly upped the ante and said that her 'next option' was garnishment. This is a blow by blow accurate transcription of what came next.

"Ooo, well I'm sure that ONE CHECK garnishment period will really hurt," I said, annoyed at how quickly she'd resorted to threats. What the heck? Am I 18 years old and unaware of how ridiculous and non-cost effective the  pursuit of a lousy $100 would be? C'mon!

"Well, it will affect your credit rating. You'll never qualify for a car, or a house. .. " she said.

I cut her off. "I already own a home," I said.

"Hmm. Well, I guess that's all people like you ever aspire to," she said. WTF?

At this point, at work but dangerously close to exploding, I called her [redacted] and hung up on her.

She was way out of line, but I think my ending salvo would fail to sway many sympathies with the powers that be. I'll pay the dang bill (provided I ever SEE one) but man . . I'm glad I'm no longer with those buggers.

UPDATE: The pics are WAY darker than they should appear. I'll try to find time to tweak them later. ..Done!

Not on AOL/AIM? Comment Here                 View Non AOL Comments

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

 They look just beautiful all decked out in red.

             Julie

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous!

I think first date is so much better as your own V-Day & things then less expensive. People can buy after V-day on sale a stuff teddy or something & then give on your anniversary date. I love it.

As for this lovely woman...I would have had a name & calling a supervisor & writing a letter & then said, "This call will be recorded for quality control" since it was your business & may be reported to the Newspapers! That is just incredible! That woman should not be working there!

Anonymous said...

I think the anniversary of a special date for any couple is far more important than a greeting-card-let-me-take-you -money holiday, anyway.

The darned bill collectors ought to be subjected to two hours of their own brand of torture ... without the ability to speak or move.  Grrrr

Anonymous said...

your girls are too cute :)

lol.  the irony.  our anniversary of moving in with each other (which is like our only anniversary!) is the 23rd.  of course, i'm the opposite, i demand crappy flowers...he's not getting away with forgetting 2 dates ;)

the collection lady sounds like a real gem.  people like you...hmm.  wonder if she has any bills in collection?!  i used to laugh at a friend who worked in collections and would harrass the crap out of people...but she had bill collectors calling all the time, so many over limit credit cards, even had her phone shut off....lol, people like that.

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

The girl are adorable. Sorry about the call from AT&T! Wow, I would have been pissed! Stupid girl. -Missy http://journals.aol.com/ma24179/MISSYZSTUFF