google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Happy 4th of July!

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

In celebration of America's 233rd birthday we repaired our flagpole and put it back up on the front porch. Somehow, that flag did more to beautify the house in one minute than all the tulips and hastas we've planted since we bought the place.

Photobucket

I don't think I can surpass 2008's Jimmy Cagney and Kate Smith post, so here it is again. Patriotic music still stirs my soul, and I've got a CD of it in the van just waiting for Saturday to start.

To anyone and everyone who has had a part in securing the freedom and prosperity of this nation in any way, thank you. For those who did so at the threat of their own safety and lives, words cannot express my thanks.

Happy 4th of July!

* * * *

On a personal note this is the 3rd anniversary of my maternal Grandmother's death. I love you grandma, and I think of you often.

3 comments:

jeanne said...

I would like to second your thoughts, "To anyone and everyone who has had a part in securing the freedom and prosperity of this nation in any way, thank you."

My prays to you on the loss of your Grandma.

Sybil said...

I hope that you all had a wonderful July 4th. Mary and I just back from our few days away so just catching up on a weeks journals !!
Much Love to you ALL
sybil x

Bridgett said...

Hope you guys has a WONDERFUL 4th of July!

XOXO